cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Full fibre install with Complete WiFI

Go to solution

Hi, we're about to upgrade to full fibre 900/complete wifi. We have a sprawling house with several dead spots which have been covered by 4 whole-home discs pretty effectively up to now. I see that the full fibre install only includes one black disc in the kit - will the engineer supply more discs at the time of his visit to ensure all the dead spots are covered, or do we need to wait to buy more (?) . Do the black discs have longer range/ stronger than the white ones? It's pretty crucial to not reduce service in some parts of the house!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Full fibre install with Complete WiFI

Go to solution

Black discs have no greater range then the white ones. Why not just continue with the white ones.?

Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

If what you have now works, why change it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Didn’t believe the black ones are compatible with the smart hub 2. If they are, that would be great.  I have an old hub hence the upgrade ( which is practically the same price and much faster)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Confused by your answer.

The black ones (complete WiFi) are ONLY compatible with the Smart Hub 2 and form a mesh with it.

It is the white (Whole Home) discs that are compatible with any router but do not form a mesh with the base router.

Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

I assumed the OP had the white ones. Perhaps I was wrong.

Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

No, I must learn to read 😃😃

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution
No, I must learn to proof read what I write. I have 4 of the white discs, will be getting only 1 of the black ones with the full fibre kit....
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Stick with the 4 white ones.

Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

I'm getting 900 next week with Complete Wifi, I only have black discs at the moment, so how do I get the white ones?

0 Ratings