cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Fresh 900 Meg install

Morning all I’ve just had a install today of a new 900meg full fibre service, I have also got a set of asus Pro XT12 mess system, I am new to all this, I have changed the settings from sky (copper ) to the pppoe with the bt email and BT password the hub is working however I’m only getting speeds of 620mg I was getting more off the bt up not much but more. Is there any other settings I need to do or a hard reset of new asus ? As I simply changed the settings then rebooted ? 

or is fibre like copper as it’s only just been installed it needs 24 hours 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Fresh 900 Meg install

the 900mb speed is the connection speed at your BT hub.  if devices connected with good ethernet cable BTspeedtester should show the 900mb and pc  there is no speed delay after FTTP connected unlike FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

New install (today) with 3party hub

hello all I’m new to all this, so today I have had full fibre 900 installed, I have a set of asus  pro xt 12  mesh / router, I have set up with the bt username and the password of BT, I’m disappointed to see speeds of 300-400 max, is there any other setting I need to make ? Or  do I need to wait 72 hours for it to settle down? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Sorry what relevant is this to my post it hasn’t answered a thing I’m asked ? Just continue to confuse me 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

there is no delay with connection speed when you get FTTP unlike FTTC

you need to test your connection speed with pc connected to your hub by ethernet.  testing using wifi is not guaranteed

try  BTW Performance Tester (btwholesale.com)  or  fast.com

it would probably help if you connected the SH2 first and then check connection speed is as expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

For context I was wired on super hub 2 and was 390 meg on 3rd party hub  it was 459

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

can you please try a factory reset of SH2 by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 sec until hub lights flash.  then check hub manager/advanced settings that FTTP switch is toggled on then try speedtest again.  need to  try SH2 again and if still no improvement then phone CS 03301234150

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Again sorry I think there a misunderstanding here I’m asking initially what other settings on my third-party router? I should be looking at to increase the speed.

also, is there any truth and it takes 72 hours to get your full amount of speed as this is what I was told by contractor who done the install this morning?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

I have posted twice now that there should be no delay in you getting full speed on your connection unlike FTTC which can take a few days to settle.  do you have anything connected between the ONT and your router?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Ok sorry it’s strange he said that then as it seems very up and down, I’m definitely getting more speed from the 3party ASUS ZENWIFI PRO XT 12, but not close to 900 meg looking at 500-600 at a push so may main question is apart from changing to PPPOE and then putting the user and pass I. What other settings may need to be changed to obtain full speed 

0 Ratings