cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fault tracking not working

Go to solution

I have a broken fibre cable, but that saga is not the topic of this post.

I have reported this fault and want to track it online. Unfortunately, that is not possible: when I go to the Track a Fault section it says "We're sorry. We didn't find any accounts linked to this BT ID. In order to track faults please link at least one BT account"

So, I press the 'Link your accounts' button, and after entering my account number I get the message "You already have this account in My profile".

And round and round it goes...... is there any way I can get out of this infinite loop and actually track my fault?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fault tracking not working

Go to solution

With regards to tracking faults, are you logged into your BT account already and then choosing the 'Track a fault' link from the MyBT or Help dropdown menu?

If you are then you will need a BT Mod from this forum who can send you a private message, then they can hopefully go away and get your account sorted for you.

Did you report the fault online through BT - Report and track your BT problem

Or did you call the BT FTTP team 0800 587 4787?

If you reported it online through your account, then it should be appearing as a fault and showing the status of it.

If you have phoned up the BT FTTP team, then you might not get a fault listed on your own account.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, I'm logged in to my account and use the 'track my fault' link, either on the website or in the BT App on my phone. In both cases I get the same problem.

It would be great if a mod could contact me to help me out with this.

About the fault itself, that is a bit of a saga. Today is the THIRD time that an engineer was meant to come and hasn't turned up. I have been on the phone to BT several times to no effect - they give me an appointment but the engineer doesn't come. It is getting ridiculous and I'm going to file a complaint.

What has happened is that some animal has chewed through the fibre cable on the outside of my house. This happened on March 18th and an engineer came the very next day to repair it. Great, except that a few days later the same thing happened again, and since then I can't get a proper response out of BT. At least they've sent me a minihub so I can still go online (albeit slowly). However, this needs a proper fix with the cable laid in a duct or something to protect it against these rodents. Right now I don't have a landline phone and my internet speed is a third of what I'm paying for. They need to fix this, I'm fed up with repeatedly waiting at home for an engineer who doesn't come at the appointed time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

A quick update, I used BT's Chat help facility and had a long conversation with someone called Sanjiv. We established that the problem with 'track my fault' lies with me using Firefox as browser. He suggested I try Chrome, and in there everything works as it should.

So now I could see some of my earlier fault reports, and for some reason they were marked as 'closed' - no wonder no engineer turned up. Why there were marked as that remains a mystery.

He then put a new fault in the system, with a new number, and booked an engineer for tomorrow. Hopefully this time someone will actually turn up. At least I can track the fault now. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

As it's Openreach responsibility you may be able to report directly. Might be worth getting in touch to see if they have a solution other than keep replacing the cable.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks, I will do that if the engineer again doesn't show up tomorrow.

My joy at Chrome allowing me to track my fault was shortlived, unfortunately. I tried it again and now I get the following error:

"TRACKFAULT_PAGE_HEADER

Sorry, it looks like something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again."

Back to square 1..... what a mess.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Well, to make  matters even worse, I just got an email from BT saying that the complaint has been closed. What is the name of all that is good and holy is going on here?????? The cable is still in pieces. What a nightmare.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Jur I'm really sorry about this, complaints and faults are separate in our systems so the closure of the complaint should not affect a fault. 

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team if you need any assistance with this.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, I've responded to your pm.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I am still unable to track my fault online. Regardless if I use Firefox or Chrome, when I log into MyBY and go to 'Track my fault' all I get is this error message. It has only worked once or twice out of dozens of tries. So what is going on? Is it a problem with my account, or with BT?

TRACKFAULT_PAGE_HEADER

Sorry, it looks like something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.

0 Ratings