cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 42

Re: FTTP Fibre 900 upload capped

Go to solution

Hi @trapdoor and thanks for the update.

Since you've had no luck with the chat guys we'll take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over your details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

@naylor2006 … that’s tricky as I’m being converted to BT Digital Voice and I’m yet to find a third party router that supports this … it seems it HAS to be the SH2 until BT bring out an adapter, which I doubt they will as they want everyone tied to the SH2!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

Since you've had no luck with the chat guys we'll take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over your details.

Cheers

David

Thanks @DavidM  … have replied to your message.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Hey I was being slightly humorous, I think ive seen couple achieve it but cant remember if it was with BT but it was hella difficult, I think somehow they had their own router connected to the ONT but then the HUB connect to that and it was working some way like that....rather than having the hub into the ONT first.

But if you really want a phone line then youre a bit stuck, I wouldn't recommend going down that hole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

@naylor2006wrote:

Hey I was being slightly humorous, I think ive seen couple achieve it but cant remember if it was with BT but it was hella difficult, I think somehow they had their own router connected to the ONT but then the HUB connect to that and it was working some way like that....rather than having the hub into the ONT first.

But if you really want a phone line then youre a bit stuck, I wouldn't recommend going down that hole.

The Hub has to be connected first for DV to work.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

Yeah I know, but…I’ve seen some posts somewhere where folks have got it to work the other way around somehow, I’m going to try find it.

Benefit being your own router is the router.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

I agree @naylor2006  I just wouldn't order DV personally. If I had a home number I wished to keep I would port the number to a 3rd party VoIP provider.

Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

@naylor2006 wrote:

Yeah I know, but…I’ve seen some posts somewhere where folks have got it to work the other way around somehow, I’m going to try find it.

Benefit being your own router is the router.

Will really be interested in you  finding a post with DV working and SH2 is not first connection to internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

It wasn’t necessarily BT.

When  was doing a deep dive into 3rd party routers when I was looking at which FTTP to go with on some forum somewhere I saw it.

The way you said that makes me think you know it’s impossible and I’m not saying it’s possible. It may have been over on the Ubiquity forums and about a US ISP, I can’t remember, sorry for the pointless post in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

Not surprised you've had issues at all, at least you are getting 900mb down. I replaced my 70 or so mb stable line to get a so called upgrade with BT to 900 and have had to use wireless for the time being. Knew there might be a small speed loss after realising the junk SH2 can't do wireless 6 but at times after a week it's still dropping to single digits in speed from only a room away and get about 250mb max, I get 100mb up as promised when it's at least 100mb down but seem to be getting issues daily right now.

Currently waiting on a kit/longer cat5 cable as my router location had to move to connect it directly, obviously at that point if I'm not getting the mininum speed gaurantee of 700mb I'll be complaining.
What a hassle.

0 Ratings