cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Scam call from 'BT'

Just for information in case someone else has a call -  I had a call this morning to our landline from 0282*** saying that it was B.T.'s technical department.  Apparently they had evidence that our neighbours were stealing our broadband connection and needed to stop them.  When I said it wasn't possible the Indian lady put the phone down - she didn't even give me a chance to explain why it wasn't possible 🙂 

Best wishes, Tracey 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Scam call from 'BT'

I'd edit out your phone number.  This is a public, customer to customer forum and the whole world, brother and dog can currently see it. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@WSH 

Unless I'm reading it wrongly, (or the OP has already edited it out), the number quoted "02820....." is the number that the call purported to be from - not their own number?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Ah, good point, read it wrong.  Road to hell and good intensions and all that.  Probably still a good idea to remove the number though.  It will be spoofed but you never know where it might go and someone might try using it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for removing the number, it wasn't mine but I didn't think about it being a spoofed number and could be used!

0 Ratings