cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: I am ex-directory so why are my phone and address still being published by BT

Go to solution

if you are now a vodafone customer for broadband and phone did you keep your existing number and XD status when transferring to vodafone from BT?  if so then as previously posted the problem has to be raised with your service provider vodafone as they are the ones  responsible for supplying your data to OSIS database not BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Re: I am ex-directory so why are my phone and address still being published by BT

Go to solution

@Aljaha Indeed. I'm not expecting BT or its suppliers to reprint the documents, and that probably wouldn't help anyway. It's probably a GDPR breach but that's just tough on me.

I would like someone to stand up and take responsibility for my address and phone number appearing in the BT-provided online directory though. And for whoever to remove my details.

Ideally I'd also like to understand what the point is of our being XD and on the TPS list - my wife checked our status this morning - if that has no operational effect. That's probably just a fantasy.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
@imjolly I thank you again and confirm that I will raise with VOD again and expect no success whatsoever. We kept out existing number on transfer as we've always done. My wife confirmed our XD and TPS status this morning. The TPS number belongs to BT. The whole thing seems a bit farcical, but I will indeed revert to VOD, quoting your text, with almost zero expectation of success.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I don't have any advice to give but I just want to say that it sounds like someone seriously messed up somewhere along the chain!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution
@c64z86 Would that this was the only instance in 2024 Britain!
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Yep lol!

The bright side, if there is one that can be found here? Not many people use telephone books anymore, nor directory services when everything can be searched online.

So you shouldn't be getting too many weird calls from random people! 😛

But yeah, it is a serious breach of data and should be sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

@c64z86 Regrettably (unlike email spam which seems to be a largely sorted thing) we seem to be getting more than ever. Happily they're easy to spot, esp if you pick up.

What worries me more is all the supposedly genuine companies - two mentioned in this post - making my life miserable. I try to avoid them (e.g. we don't even pay explicitly for landline) but you've got to have *someone* provide you with broadband, phone and banking services, all of which can be painful. Apparently BT can't get me FTTP, but can't for neighbours in the next road. 

Tesco would die if they served this **** up. I'm going to crawl back under my stone now. You've probably picked up that I'm a little agitated 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Sadly, it's profit before people now for many companies. My friends just shrug it off and say "ok" but it upsets me a lot. 😕 I just try and see the bright side in everything, even when there isn't one, or I would never be able to manage to get out of bed for work in the morning.

I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon and maybe even find out who or what was responsible for the mess up. The chances are indeed slim but you never know!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

@coolactuary  just out of curiosity have you checked with any other online providers of telephone directory services to see if they too have your ex-d number listed?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

When you joined Vodafone, bearing in mind , joining VF you had absolutely no need to inform BT of this migration ( and assuming you went directly from BT to VF ) so basically BT are completely uninvolved in your service after that point , no doubt they would be pilloried if they arbitrarily removed on line phone book entries just because the consumer has moved from BT to someone else ,

VF should have enquired with you if you wanted to be ex directory or not , if you said not , it’s pretty clear where the error is , same as if they didn’t ask  at all , it’s almost incredible that you continue to apportion blame , if you were ‘XD’ with BT , did you check the same on line directory ? , were you listed ? , if you were , why didn’t you make the same enquiries you are making now but  back then ? , if you were not listed then , but are now , that’s simply more evidence where the error was made , if you didn’t check when BT were your provider , presumably you had a more relaxed view of this matter back them , but obviously cannot claim to know if you were listed or not .
Its pretty plain from the guidance on the phone book site , it’s your current provider that is responsible for keeping your entry ( or no entry if that’s your preference ) in the ‘Phone Book’, if they appear to not know this , that’s also a failing on their part 

0 Ratings