cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: ADSL modem plugged into socket where there's no phone.

Thanks. On the two phones in the house, one corded and one DECT cordless naturally I have microfilters fitted. After the changeover to DV as you say, will there still be any extraneous noise other than than DSL which I shall still rely upon, not wishing to bother with FTTP for the near future. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Re: ADSL modem plugged into socket where there's no phone.

As I understand it, the filter is on the voice-side of the system although I believe it can also stop noise filtering back from a faulty phone into the broadband as well.

If you only have broadband, you don’t need the filter.  If you have DV instead of a traditional landline you don’t need it.

The though occurs though, what if the landline is still active in some form after the move to DV?  Does retaining the filter then help to keep noise out of the broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

ADSL modem plugged into socket where there's no phone.

Hello very useful community.

Just a quick one. Thoughts come in and out of my mind about all things teccy and was thinking that where  my BT hub is plugged into my supply, from an extension socket (not recommended, I know), does this actually require a microfilter there aa no other equipment, such as another landline phone shares that socket, only the BT Hub.

Something tells me there should be due to both voice and ADSL being there until the Voice component is turned off when changeover comes.

0 Ratings